First attempt at diy - diaper cake for a beloved friend.
Tuesday, 29 April 2014
Lukas has been attending the toddlers class at Sunday School. The class is great - age appropriate activities, action pack songs and lively and caring teachers. But some how Lukas is not into craft at all. I just cannot get him to sit and color or anything such. But somehow last Sunday he actively participated in the craft activity of the day. He waited patiently and observed as I dabbed his fingers in the ink to make this finger impression on the pop sticks. He was eager and amazed at how his little fingers could leave impressions everywhere he touched. He didn't mind ink on this hands and face too.
|Lukas made a wall piece at Sunday School|
Wednesday, 26 March 2014
Tuesday, 23 July 2013
Ingredients for Shrikhand:
- Yogurt - 400 grams
- Sugar - as required
- Powdered Cardamom - suit to taste
- Saffron - a pinch
- Warm Milk - 2 tbs
- Blanched Pistachios - handful
- Drain the excess water from the yogurt. To do that you can by hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth or use a sieve with the tiniest holes.
- Dissolve saffron in warm milk and set aside.
- When the yogurt is drained of excess water add sugar little by little while stirring the yogurt. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add saffron, pistachios and powdered cardamom to the mixture.
- Cool in a refrigerator for a couple of hours and serve cold with hot Puries.
Wednesday, 12 June 2013
Here are two Daddy Day cards. This was a request from a friend and I made these for her. I enjoyed making these and hope she likes it.
Tuesday, 11 June 2013
Sunday, 5 May 2013
1 medium sized grated bottle gourd
1/2 cup Atta
1/2 cup semolina (rava)
1/2 cup besan
1-2 tbsp ginger - garlic-green chilli paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder (for colour)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp of Hing (asafoetida)
salt to taste
chopped coriander for garnishing
- In a big enough bowl combine the Atta, Rava, Besan, bottle gourd, ginger-garlic and green chilli paste, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, lemon juice, sugar, salt and 1 tsp of oil.
- Mix well and knead into dough - adding water is not required as the bottle gourd contains good amount of water.
- Apply a bit of oil on your palm and shape a certain amount of dough into a cylindrical shape.
- Steam the shaped dough for about 15-20 mins (poke in a knife to check if the dough is thoroughly cooked- if it is cooked the knife should not have any residue- if it does let it steam for another 5-10 mins)
- Once steamed, let it rest and cool down for sometime and cut into slices.
- Now for the finale, heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, asafoetida and saute for a few good seconds.
- Add the muthias and saute again for about 2-3 mins or until the Muthias are well coated with the seeds and are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve in a plate and garnish with chopped coriander.
My sister tried this when Airasia introduced it few years ago. And she was going all crazy for it. She told my entire family and friends to ...
We took some time off from the hustle and bustle of life - and together with some friends we had a retreat at the Brother's Bungalow at ...
Few weeks back Oliver and I were revisiting his college area at the Pearl Point Shopping Center (not sure what its called now). Well, we ...
I can't say "recently", as this was last month. But yeah we celebrated Baby Lukas' Full Moon. It was on the 6th of October...
Lukas has been attending the toddlers class at Sunday School. The class is great - age appropriate activities, action pack songs and lively ...
My classes resumed today. Oliver starts work with the HCD department today as well. So both of us were preparing for our respective first da...
It was Valentine's Day and since it was CNY I had no time to get anything for my dear hubby. So on the eve of Valentine's Day while ...
A very dear friend of mine has taken flight into a new direction - part of her 2013 resolution as well. And am all out to get her star...
Ingredients for Shrikhand: Yogurt - 400 grams Sugar - as required Powdered Cardamom - suit to taste Saffron - a pinch Warm M...