Ingredients for Shrikhand:
- Yogurt - 400 grams
- Sugar - as required
- Powdered Cardamom - suit to taste
- Saffron - a pinch
- Warm Milk - 2 tbs
- Blanched Pistachios - handful
- Drain the excess water from the yogurt. To do that you can by hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth or use a sieve with the tiniest holes.
- Dissolve saffron in warm milk and set aside.
- When the yogurt is drained of excess water add sugar little by little while stirring the yogurt. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add saffron, pistachios and powdered cardamom to the mixture.
- Cool in a refrigerator for a couple of hours and serve cold with hot Puries.