Skip to main content

Shrikhand with Puri


Ingredients for Shrikhand:
  • Yogurt  - 400 grams
  • Sugar - as required
  • Powdered Cardamom - suit to taste
  • Saffron - a pinch
  • Warm Milk - 2 tbs
  • Blanched Pistachios - handful 

Method:
  1. Drain the excess water from the yogurt. To do that you can by hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth or use a sieve with the tiniest holes. 
  2. Dissolve saffron in warm milk and set aside.
  3. When the yogurt is drained of excess water add sugar little by little while stirring the yogurt. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
  4. Add saffron, pistachios and powdered cardamom to the mixture.
  5. Cool in a refrigerator for a couple of hours and serve cold with hot Puries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brother's Bungalow at Penang Hill

We took some time off from the hustle and bustle of life - and together with some friends we had a retreat at the Brother's Bungalow at Penang Hill. Now while this retreat was being planned I thought to "google" the Brother's Bungalow. I had heard so much about this place and I just wanted to check out this place before we get there. But to my surprise I couldn't find much. So now here are some pictures for you to get a glimpse of how the Brother's Bungalow looks like. I do not have any information on how and who to contact for the reservations but I must say the facilities are wonderful. They have rooms and dormitories. The place is cooling so you don't need an air-conditioner but you do have fans. They have a dining room and the care taker would provide food upon request. This is a very neat and clean place. The sign boards to Brother's Bungalow If you prefer to walk and would want to enjoy God's creation it takes about 45 mins from the Pe...

DIY - Diaper Cake

First attempt at diy - diaper cake for a beloved friend.

Father's day

As I am at my mom' right now and I do not have any craft stuff to make cards. But this was an important one. I have never made Father's Day card. But this year God has given me reason to make one, for I am blessed to have a father-in-law who cares so much. So of course it calls for a celebration. So here is a Dad's card from the material (wraping papers and other card stock) I found at my mom'. Celebrate the occasion: Challenge 66 Make My Monday: MMM Week 53 Cards for Men: Challenge 12 - Father's Day Dream Valley: Challenge 34 - For that special guy ICRC 18: Celebrations + Masculine Projects