Skip to main content

Baby Lukas' Full Month / Full Moon Celebration in KL

I can't say "recently", as this was last month. But yeah we celebrated Baby Lukas' Full Moon. It was on the 6th of October. However, friends and family got together to celebrate on 7th as it was a Sunday. 


Full Moon (Man Yue) is a Chinese custom that celebrates the baby's first month. Lukas' Poh-Poh (grandma), Gung-Gung (grandpa), Gu-Gu (aunt), Gu Fu (uncle) and Jie Jie (cus Sis) flew all the way from Sibu and his cus aunt flew from Kuching to celebrate God's goodness and faithfulness with us. We had a table booked at Tai Thong: Imperial City Restaurant in Cheras for a family dinner on the 6th. We were a bit late due to traffic jam and were so hungry that we actually forgot to take pictures of the food served. 

Family picture at Tai Thong Restaurant



Since my mom's house in KL can't accommodate many people at the same time so hubby and I decided to have an "open-house" on Sunday. I guess it was a good idea since we got to meet and catch up with friends and church members at a deeper level. The only drawback was that it was tiring. 

The night before the full moon day my sis Binny and sis-in-law Jen Lin stayed up late to put up the balloons and the banner that I had handmade. Thank you both for helping out. Here are the busy beeee....s 

Oh! my grandma who is 81 and little Phoebe (2 years old) also helped to blow the balloons.


Grandma helping with deco..

BeBe with balloon..

The "open house" - our doors were opened from 12 PM till mid-night. Friends and family visited us and baby Lukas from as near as the same taman and as far as Kuching and Sibu. Thank you all for coming and participating in our joy.

 In the evening we had planned a surprise birthday dinner for my mom as she was turning 50. It all went well. The guests were wonderful - my mom was thoroughly surprised - she had no idea of us cooking up something.


50th birthday celebration with grand son

 





 





Last but not the least -  here are the ang pows and gifts baby Lukas received. Thank you all for being such a blessing to Lukas and us.


Comments

  1. i want to see and hold baby Lukas too!!! he is so cute!!! praise the Lord that baby is growing healthy =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I love the pics of blowing up the balloons. My grandma could never do that. =0) Congrats on the baby!

    I'm Sweettems on Swap-Bot.
    I came by for Follow Me #8.
    http://loopsandlace.sweetseamstress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning about different customs like Full Moon (Man Yue.) It looks like such a happy occasion, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brother's Bungalow at Penang Hill

We took some time off from the hustle and bustle of life - and together with some friends we had a retreat at the Brother's Bungalow at Penang Hill. Now while this retreat was being planned I thought to "google" the Brother's Bungalow. I had heard so much about this place and I just wanted to check out this place before we get there. But to my surprise I couldn't find much. So now here are some pictures for you to get a glimpse of how the Brother's Bungalow looks like. I do not have any information on how and who to contact for the reservations but I must say the facilities are wonderful. They have rooms and dormitories. The place is cooling so you don't need an air-conditioner but you do have fans. They have a dining room and the care taker would provide food upon request. This is a very neat and clean place. The sign boards to Brother's Bungalow If you prefer to walk and would want to enjoy God's creation it takes about 45 mins from the Pe

Airasia - Bukhara Chicken Biryani

My sister tried this when Airasia introduced it few years ago. And she was going all crazy for it. She told my entire family and friends to try Bukhara Chicken Briyani. I have traveled frequently with Airasia but just that time was never right to order a meal, until this CNY when we were flying back to Penang we decided to have in-flight lunch. So DH ordered Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak (our favorite) while I got a chance to order Bukhara Chicken Biryani. It was so delicious and so authentic - I enjoyed each and every grain of that Biryani. If you ever get to try this go for it. You will never regret that. A taste of authentic Indian food (even though it says Bukhara).

Krocies Crocodile Shop @ Old Klang Road, KL

Few weeks back Oliver and I were revisiting his college area at the Pearl Point Shopping Center (not sure what its called now).  Well, we came across a store selling white meat. Now White meat to me is Chicken. To my surprise the shop was selling Crocodile Meat. Krocies Crocodile Shop . Can you believe it? I mean Crocodile Meat in Malaysia? I wouldn't be surprised to find such stores in Thailand, Cambodia or Vietnam, but Malaysia? Well what do we know. Apparently, Krocies import their "materials" from crocodile farms in East Malaysia. They sell crocodile meat which is healthy - low in fat and high in protein. Other then crocodile meat they even sell other crocodile related products such as balms, oils, a real stuffed crocodile and souvenirs.  Do check out their website for more info.