I was so confused - was so overwhelmed by what to pack and what not to in the hospital bag for the newborn. I checked online and it further confused me. You know how they say, "too many cooks spoil the broth"? I guess too much information leaves you just as confused as well :p
Here are few things I felt confident about and a newborn might need - and if I do forget something or need something last minute - I guess I should allow myself to make such mistakes and learn from it. After all we learn from mistakes and this is what will become an experience, isn't it?
Well, these are the things I packed in my lovely brand new diaper bag (was dying to use it ;p)
- Diapers (newborn size - now is the time to use those received from hospital/clinic during our regular visits)
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Changing mat
- Baby Wipes
- Baby blankets -2
- Newborn baby clothes - 3 pairs
- hat, mittens, booties, 2 tops and 2 bottoms (be it long/short sleeves, I guess it doesn't make a difference in Malaysian climate and since baby will be swaddles anyway)
I guess, that's it - and my Baby Bag is ready.
- The hospital provided the NB Diapers, but they do charge for it. So if you already have NB diapers ask the nurse to use those.
- Get more baby blankets. Two were not enough.
- I guess if you had a normal delivery 2 pairs of clothing might do. But since I had CS and stayed in hospital for 3 days, baby clothes were not enough.