Skip to main content

First day with the babysitter

My classes resumed today. Oliver starts work with the HCD department today as well. So both of us were preparing for our respective first days. We were also preparing for Lukas' first day with his babysitter. I packed his bag last night:
  • 8 pairs of clothing
  • 8 handkerchiefs
  • a pack of wet wipes
  • a pack of diapers
  • some cotton balls
  • a tin of milk powder and
  • a towel
These were the required things. I stuffed in a blanket, few bibs, his teether and a pair of socks. While packing his bag it felt as if I was sending him away... sob...sob...!!!

Oliver sent me to the seminary first as my classes start at 8AM. The babysitter only starts at 830AM. So Oliver had to drive back to the town to drop off Lukas. When Oliver dropped off Lukas he was still asleep. He just woke up in time to say "bye-bye" to his dad. I was concerned about Oliver dropping him off - was afraid he might forget to relay some instructions to the babysitter. But I am glad I wasn't there - it would have been hard for me to leave him alone with strangers. I would have been more worried than I already was. I wouldn't have been able to face his innocent face asking, "mum, can't I come with you? Please...PLEASE!!!!"


Well, when we picked him up he looked a bit sad. I guess he knew but did not understand why the familiar faces of his beloved parents were not there. I wonder if he was thinking and could not comprehand why the parents who love him so much and show so much affection would leave him all alone with complete strangers. When I saw him after my class I felt as if his tiny eyes were questioning, "mom, why?? why?? Why have you abandoned me?"

Sounds familiar??? Isn't this something we always feel?? - abandoned by God?? We question Him, "Why did you create me if you can't care for me" but that's just how we look at it. If we look at the WHOLE picture, we see that God has been there for us and with us throughout. And the times we feel that we are abandoned - He is right at the corner constantly looking out for us. And through my experience with my 4-month old son  I can say that it hurts me more than he knows to leave him with a babysitter so I understand that it might hurt God more then we know. Whatever we do as in attending classes and taking up a job Lukas is and will be part of our plan, just as we are always part of God's plan.







Comments

  1. Dont worry..unknowingly though Lukas is helping his parents..I think he will feel proud about it as he grows up and starts understanding things..just like how u understand god after being a mother..god bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your baby adapt well in bbsitter's place...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brother's Bungalow at Penang Hill

We took some time off from the hustle and bustle of life - and together with some friends we had a retreat at the Brother's Bungalow at Penang Hill. Now while this retreat was being planned I thought to "google" the Brother's Bungalow. I had heard so much about this place and I just wanted to check out this place before we get there. But to my surprise I couldn't find much. So now here are some pictures for you to get a glimpse of how the Brother's Bungalow looks like. I do not have any information on how and who to contact for the reservations but I must say the facilities are wonderful. They have rooms and dormitories. The place is cooling so you don't need an air-conditioner but you do have fans. They have a dining room and the care taker would provide food upon request. This is a very neat and clean place. The sign boards to Brother's Bungalow If you prefer to walk and would want to enjoy God's creation it takes about 45 mins from the Pe

Airasia - Bukhara Chicken Biryani

My sister tried this when Airasia introduced it few years ago. And she was going all crazy for it. She told my entire family and friends to try Bukhara Chicken Briyani. I have traveled frequently with Airasia but just that time was never right to order a meal, until this CNY when we were flying back to Penang we decided to have in-flight lunch. So DH ordered Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak (our favorite) while I got a chance to order Bukhara Chicken Biryani. It was so delicious and so authentic - I enjoyed each and every grain of that Biryani. If you ever get to try this go for it. You will never regret that. A taste of authentic Indian food (even though it says Bukhara).

DIY - Diaper Cake

First attempt at diy - diaper cake for a beloved friend.